Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Serpent on the Crown

Queen of the Novel: "Serpent on the Crown, Barbara Mertz' (aka Elizabeth Peters) newest Peabody mystery and the 17th in the series, comes out this April. Mertz intends to follow Peabody and her fictional family up until the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb in the fall of 1922, but Serpent, she says, is just before that. 'I'm having a lot of fun with this one, because one of my difficulties is that my hero, Amelia's husband, Emerson, is supposed to be such a hotshot, that he knows everything that's going on. Could I let Howard Carter find Tutankhamun and not let Emerson find him? Well I've gotten around it in this one, I think, and I'm just awfully pleased with myself. I will say no more. They'll have to buy the book to find out what happens!'"

No comments: